- Must have a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) degree or foreign equivalent
- Must be licensed as a physician and surgeon in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must have an Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must have successfully completed an Primary Care (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine) Residency program
- Must be Board certified or eligible in primary care specialty (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine), or must achieve certification within two (2) years of hire
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- One (1) or more years of prior experience in primary care practice
- One (1) or more years of experience providing medical care to underserved populations
- One (1) or more years of experience with electronic medical record documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work varying hours as determined by changing clinic, and CCHHS needs
- Demonstrate superb hand washing and sanitizing practices
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with clinical documentation requirements
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
***Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview. ***
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date.