St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (SJMOH) is actively seeking a new Chair of OB/GYN. SJMOH is part of Ascension Health, the largest Catholic, not for profit health care system in the United States. SJMOH is the only hospital in the third largest city in Michigan, with 534 beds, 25,000 annual admissions, 3,000 associates, and over 1,200 physicians.
The Chair of OB/GYN is responsible for the leadership and activities of the Department at two hospital sites. The Warren campus is located at 11800 East Twelve Mile Road in Warren, Michigan and the Madison Heights campus is located at 27351 Dequindre Road in Madison Heights. The Warren campus, in its 50th year, is embarking on $48 million space and service expansion.
This is a highly visible position that reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer and partners with the Nursing leadership for Women’s services for the Service Line activities. The role consists of 20% administrative and 80% clinical time. The SJMOH Department of OB/GYN:
- Includes over 30 employed and private practice physicians
- Delivers obstetrical and special care services in the Macomb Family Birthplace nursing unit, the only Baby Friendly Hospital designated unit in Macomb County by Baby-Friendly USA
- Includes subspecialty support in MFM, neonatal and pediatric services
- Offers minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery
- Sponsors the only osteopathic program which has achieved ACGME accreditation in the United States, with 12 residents and an OB/Gyn resident clinic
- Performs roughly 1,000 annual deliveries and roughly 800 annual gynecologic surgeries
The selected candidate for this position should possess a wide range of skills including the ability to drive change in a complex community-based environment, strong strategic planning skills, the ability to bring together diverse private practice and employed physician groups toward a common goal, and a demonstrated track record of leadership and program and/or clinic growth.
The individual will have an understanding of organizational dynamics and fiscal responsibility, demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clarity and transparency with diverse groups, and a strong commitment to improving quality and patient safety, clinical care, and teaching.
Qualifications for the Chair of OB/GYN are:
- Board certified in OB/GYN
- Five years of clinical experience including physician leadership responsibility
- Proven track record of building relationships and growing existing programs
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care, passion for teaching, medical administration and leadership
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV in confidence to Carol Rash, Physician Recruitment Specialist by December 31, 2016. Phone: (248) 680-8023 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.